Budapest Airport (BUD) – https://www.bud.hu/en
You can find detailed information on airport transfer options on the website of the Budapest Airport.
- typical cost of coming to town by taxi is ca. 6500 HUF/22 EUR
- transfer by minibus is about 4400 HUF/15.71 EUR
Public transportation – https://www.bud.hu/en/passengers/transport/public_transportation/budapest_public_transportation
- You can take the bus 100E right from the airport to Astoria (in the city), then take bus 5/178/7 or metro 2 to Keleti Pályaudvar (Eastern Railway Station). For the bus 100E you have to buy a special ticket which is 900 HUF. For other means of transport use the ticket the price of which is 350 HUF for all public transport, which you can buy at the airport. (Tickets must be bought in advance. You have to validate a new ticket if you change from bus to metro, etcl. Validate it by pushing it into a “validator” on the bus, tram, etc. or at the entrance of the metro.)
- It takes 60-80 minutes to get from the airport to the venue or hotel.
- There is also a train going to the Western Railway Station, however, it is only convenient for those who happen to stay in that neighborhood.